Team Leader Global Registration (M/F)
This role will require a hands-on commitment to excellence in customer service in conjunction with the customers' account registration and regular KYC re-identification process, deemed a very critical phase of the customer account life cycle. It requires a quality construction of operational processes, directly or indirectly impacting the client service experience of mostly financial professional clients and financial intermediaries, in the EMEA region and beyond, but likewise including some long-established private individual customers.
- Manage and mentor a reasonable team size by allocating tasks to staff, ensuring high standard performance of staff, organizing holidays, discussing and resolving problems, and carrying out performance reviews;
- In conjunction with the account registration mandate of the company, specifically ensure that the team effectively understands and adheres to all AML/KYC/Tax requirements for varying entity and investor types, risk levels and jurisdictions, for new onboarding as well as for remediation and/or re- identification;
- Be responsible for clear, concise and client focused communication to customers in the context of new account registration and re-identification of existing accounts;
- Develop, compile and adapt relevant monthly Key Performance Indicators, and report on these;
- Ensure timely, and accurate account registrations based upon best in class auditable documentation;
- Monitor adherence to policies and procedures and work with the Manager/ other internal stakeholders to ensure quality and that regulatory and client expectations are being met;
- Act as the team's center of expertise and leverage, as a person to go to within the team, for other operational departments, and including auditors;
- Propose and implement process improvements and keep apprised of (regulatory) developments on topics surrounding AML/KYC and FATCA/ CRS that might impact relevant processes, and/or the client experience;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across different departments and global locations, regularly liaising with counterparts in a local Global Registration team in Asia;
- In cooperation with the company's management, participate to oversee or lead projects to meet the objectives;
- Any other duties as assigned by the company's management.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 8 to 10 years' experience in a similar role (2 years as Team Leader/Supervisor);
- Relevant university or equivalent degree;
- Is a passionate problem solver and a caring leader with an eye for details;
- Is an excellent communicator in English, and ideally in German;
- Has a talent to understand internal and external clients' needs and a strong knowledge of investment fund operations;
- Inspires and directs the team to greater readiness and competitiveness;
- Has a natural curiosity for industry trends, including legal and regulatory themes;
- Anticipates, creates and encourages change.
- Can work autonomously but with a distinct team spirit.
Our client is an Asset Management Company distributing their funds globally.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.