Toprovide tax advice to the Company and its subsidiaries (the “Group”) and support the Group’s AVP Tax with the objective of minimising the Group’s exposure to tax risks in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, whilst maximising the risk adjusted return on the Group’s investments.
- Provide tax advice in relation to the day-to-day affairsof the Group; all investments made by the Group and their execution from a legal perspective
- Responsible for the review and finalisation of all routine tax filings and returns from a direct tax and VAT perspective
- Provide advice in relation to the Group’s (and its investments’) compliance with all applicable tax laws and regulations
- Monitor amendments to tax laws and regulations, and advise on their implications on the Group’s operations, liabilities and employees
- Manage tax risks in accordance with established policies and general principles of law, whilst enabling the Group to meet its legal obligations
- Ensure knowledge and understanding of financial structures employed in our investments, including but not limited to investment trusts, private equity structure and other co-investment arrangements.
- Ensure fundamental understanding of common tax risks and mitigation strategies
- Assist the AVPTaxin establishing and implementing tax policies and procedures to ensure efficient and high quality advice with lower cost is provided
- Perform legal research as required
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in law with tax specialization
- Full qualification as a practitioner
- Minimum of 4years post-qualified experience
- Fluent in English and good knowledge in French. Spanish/Portuguese is a plus