What is the opportunity?
As Senior Change Analyst, you will be performing analysis, testing and implementation of any change event: new fund, new client, review operational processes, and this throughout the 3 core PCS activities: Fund Accounting, Transaction Management, and Shareholder Services. You will report to the AD SME team.
What will you do?
- Be the operational counterpart of Change & On boarding on the Client Operations side and actively collaborate on the analysis, review and implementation of fund events for existing or new clients.
- Participate to deal and prospect presentations for existing clients or prospects
- Implement improvement topics identified through the PCS “shitlist”: analyse, propose, test, implement, control
- Write business requirements for IT or support teams and participate in testing: system developments, follow-up with IT until implementation
- Actively work on any PCS topic that requires senior knowledge on handling complex processes
- Participate to analysis, testing & implementation of master projects led globally such as SCUBA, new PCS technology
- Work in constant collaboration with main stakeholders: Change & On boarding, Client Experience, Products, IT, Legal, Compliance
What do you need to succeed?
- Deep PCS knowledge of at least 3 years / Excellent understanding from end to end PCS flows from the on boarding through the full fund life cycle
- English/French fluent
- Continuous improvement mind-set, open to change
- Very good analytical and communication skills
- Able to adapt and react quickly
- Resilience and capacity to deliver within short timeframe
- Project management skills
- System knowledge: SARA, BP module, Multifonds, Framework, Exact, SAP
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 14 Porte de France
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
Platform: RBC Investor & Treasury Services
Req ID: 249576