RBC Investor & Treasury Services (RBC I&TS) is a specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury and market services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide, with over 4,500 employees in 17 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We deliver services which safeguard client assets, underpinned by client-centric digital solutions which continue to be enhanced and evolved in line with our clients’ changing needs. Trusted with CAD 4.3 trillion in client assets under administration(1), RBC I&TS is a financially strong partner with among the highest credit ratings globally(2).
(1) RBC quarterly results released December 4, 2019
(2) Standard & Poor’s (AA-) and Moody’s (Aa2) legacy senior long-term debt ratings of Royal Bank of Canada as of December 4, 2019
What is the opportunity?
In this role, reporting to the Head of AML Compliance, you will be responsible for implementation and execution of risk management controls for the RBC IS Bank Luxembourg, as set by the Head of AML Compliance and Deputy MLRO and consistent with the strategic objectives and risk appetite defined in the area of Money Laundering (ML), Terrorist Financing (TF), Sanctions and Bribery & Corruption (hereinafter the “ML/TF risks”).
What will you do?
- Establish Monitoring and Testing programs supporting the identification, management and mitigation of ML/TF risks as relates to RBC IS Bank’s adherence to regulatory framework applicable to its business activities. Implement and maintain an effective, integrated, proactive and risk-based program for the management of ML/TF risks for RBC IS Bank’s business.
- Perform an independent oversight of regulatory and compliance risks and controls as they relate to ML/TF laws, regulations and regulatory expectations which govern the activities of the RBC IS Bank, including its subsidiaries and branches.
- Implement ML/TF strategy for RBC IS Bank Luxembourg, including being accountable for implementing processes to identify ML/TF risks that considers clients, products, distribution channels, complexity and types of transactions, systems and the internal operating and regulatory environment in line with internal RBC as well as European and Luxembourg AML requirements.
- Implement RBC’s AML/CTF Strategies and Policies locally and/or for RBC IS Bank including its subsidiaries and branches.
- Analyze internal suspicion reports and escalate to the DMLRO/MLRO as appropriate.
- Support the Head of AML Compliance and DMLRO in the operational management of the AML Compliance team. This includes the oversight process over RBC IS Bank’s subsidiaries and branches, the resource management and executive management reporting of ML/T risks for AML Compliance in Luxembourg including its subsidiaries and branches.
- Act a key contact for 1LOD as well as FIU for the investigation of alerts, they assessment and follow up with authorities should the internal assessments lead to a suspicion of any ML/TF activities.
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree desirable, in analytical subjects including economics, relationship management and/or relevant experience in the AML field.
- Strong knowledge of the AML/CTF regulatory environment related to the activities of a bank and/or financial industry to be able to embrace regulations in the light of the RBC IS Bank’s activity.
- Ability to engage with and be accessible to stakeholders with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good working level of English.
- Experience with policies design and implementation.
- Experience in project managements of large regulatory projects.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients