Job Title: Legal and Transaction Services Officer
Employer: Langham Hall Luxembourg Sàrl (M/F)
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Luxembourg
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, administration and investor reporting services together with a selection of consultancy services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Headquartered in the UK, Langham Hall has a dynamic management and leadership team. The group has a presence in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Hong Kong and over 400 staff administering more than $80bn of real estate and private equity funds. Langham Hall is also a leading provider of depositary services supervising more than $50bn of assets. It is licensed as a Depositary in the UK, Luxembourg and Jersey in respect of private equity and real estate funds.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed by the Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF to provide domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate and private equity sector to an expanding client portfolio of real estate and private equity managers.
The individual will be responsible for the development of a newly established department within the Luxembourg Fund Administration business and will be responsible for legal and corporate governance issues for the Luxembourg Fund Administration business’s client base, primarily comprising private equity, real estate and debt structures.
The individual will provide legal and corporate governance support to the teams in the Fund Administration business. In particular, the individual will provide transaction support to the teams to include project management, the preparation of board packs, coordination of board and shareholder/investor meetings, preparation of minutes, creating and updating statutory registers (eg directors, limited partner, and shareholder) and other transfer agency functions. The individual will be required to attend client board and other meetings.
The individual will also be responsible for maintaining and developing template legal documents such as minutes, resolutions, agendas, intra-group loan agreements, powersof attorney. The individual will also be responsible for developing and maintaining processes and checklists relating to governance, legal and corporate secretarial issues.
The individual will have solid knowledge of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity, real estate and debt funds and other structures.
In conjunction with the above duties, the individual will also assist with the initial on-boarding of clients, including agreeing the service agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management in respect of client on-boarding (incorporations, drafting service agreements, preparing service level agreements, opening bank accounts, managing AML compliance process)
- Project management in respect of transactions (eg investments, divestments)
- Preparation/review of board packs, coordination of board and shareholder/investor meetings
- Attendance at client board and investor meetings and preparation/review of minutes
- Maintaining and developing template legal documents such as minutes, resolutions, agendas, intra-group loan agreements, powers of attorney.
- Maintaining and developing processes and checklists relating to legal and corporate tasks, applying high governance standard in line with company policy and regulatory rules
- Real estate, private equity and debt transaction-related administration including review of documents
- Coordination, with the client teams in the Fund Administration business, on-boarding and investor meetings, including attendance ofmeetings and the preparation and review of board minutes
- Familiarity with typical Luxembourg private equity and real estate fund structures (eg S.à r.l and SCSps managed by full scope AIFMs) and documents (eg articles of association and LPAs)
- Monitoring compliance of client structures with fund and corporate laws
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common sense
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Solid knowledge of Luxembourg companies law
- An understanding of the role and duties of an professional domiciliation/administration agent in Luxembourg
- An understanding of Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes as they apply to funds and other structures operating in the real estate, private equity, debt sectors
- Demonstrate proactivity
- Ability to write minutes, agreements, business correspondence, procedure manuals at asset and fund level
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from clients
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm
- Ability to work in a dynamic company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation
- Fluent in English.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will have experience of minimum 2 years as corporate officer/legal officer/administrator in Luxembourg
- The candidate will hold a master or bachelor degreeor hold a professional qualification in governance.
Langham Hall is an equal opportunities employer