Viking EMEA is active in the sale and distribution of firefighting products and systems in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa. Viking EMEA employs approximately 200 people and has distribution centers in Luxembourg (headquarters), Germany, Sweden, UK, Italy, Spain, Russia and Turkey. Several local offices in Poland, Romania and Balkans, the Netherlands, and Dubai complete the network of our presence in the EMEA region.
For our Viking EMEA IT department at our EMEA head office in Differdange/Niedercorn, we are searching for an:
IT Support Technician
Together with your colleagues in Luxembourg and in Germany you will be providing primary support for our international technology infrastructure including computer and network hardware, electronic and voice communications and related software.
- Provide quality first level help desk support for hardware and software related issues and LAN connectivity to our users in Europe and the Middle East via the phone, via email, via remote control or via direct contact.
- Provide general PC technology support and software application support.
- Provide network administration, security and printing support.
- Provide telephone system and mobile devices support.
- Configure new and existing PCs according to corporate standards for deployment at local and remote locations.
- Assist in deploying new software applications and updates.
- Perform general IT administrative tasks.
- Provide basic PC operational training.
- Create and maintain user documentation.
- Excellent Customer Service approach in relation to providing IT support
- Experience in PC configuration and troubleshooting
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 PC operating systems
- Good understanding of network concepts
- Fluency in English and French is required, German would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong logical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Some experience in an IT Service Operation or Help Desk environment is an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Outlook, Office, Skype for Business is an advantage.
We are looking for a hands-on colleague who likes multitasking. You are a team worker, self-motivated and organized, target and result driven. Furthermore you are a good communicator, and you are able to prioritize and get things done.
We provide you with an interesting and challenging position for unlimited time in an international environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in English via this website. For more information, please visit our website: www.viking-emea.com
Learn how we collect, use and share your personal data in our General Data Protection Regulation policy