Langham Hall provides premium quality accounting, administration and investor reporting services together with a selection of consultancy services to real estate and private equity fund clients. Headquartered in the UK, Langham Hall has a dynamic management and leadership team. The group has a presence in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Hong Kong and over 400 staff administering more than $80bn of real estate and private equity funds. Langham Hall is also a leading provider of depositary services supervising more than $50bn of assets. It is licensed as a Depositary in the UK, Luxembourg and Jersey in respect of private equity and real estate funds.
Langham Hall Luxembourg S.à r.l. is licensed by the Ministry of Finance and regulated by the CSSF to provide domiciliation, central administration, transfer agency and depositary services to regulated and unregulated funds and SPVs in the real estate and private equity sector to a expanding client portfolio of real estate and private equity managers.
The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate and private equity funds and other structures. The individual will liaise with CFOs and financial controllers and legal counsel at fund managers, third parties (including auditors) and other external advisors necessary to ensure smooth operation of the structure and to ensure that deadlines are met. Specific responsibilities include bookkeeping, periodic reporting (usually under Luxembourg GAAP or IFRS), assisting with calls, distributions, transactions, board meeting and other day to day functions. The individual will work within a small client team, reporting on a daily basis to the relevant Langham Hall client manager. The candidate will be expected to interface at a senior level with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal, tax and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds and other structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
- Preparation of statutory accounts of Luxembourg funds and other structures in accordance with IFRS and LUX GAAP.
- Consolidation of group of companies.
- Calculation of management fees/ equalisation charges and performance fees.
- Real estate and private equity transaction-related administration including review of documents, preparation of minutes and related accounting.
- Compilation and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Dealing with year end audits including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
- Attendance at board and shareholder meetings and the preparation of board minutes.
- Client on boarding including project managing the CDD process.
- Monitoring compliance with fund and corporate laws and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparing Luxembourg statutory reporting and VAT and tax returns.
- Solving problems proactively using technical expertise and common-sense.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- Direct experience of client service in a professional services firm.
- Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS.
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to Luxembourg funds and SPVs.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to client servicing.
- Ability to work in a small team environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, supervise, mentor and train more junior member of the team.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction and the promotion of client interaction within the business.
- Fluent in English, with French and/or German an advantage.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- The candidate will hold a professional accounting qualification at an appropriate level (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or will be studying towards one.
To apply or for further information
Send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, call Tatyana Boger on +352 27851525.