Financial Crime & AML Manager
The Financial Crime Team is responsible for the operational oversight and management of the Investor Services Financial Crime prevention activities in particular Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Financial Sanctions compliance (AML-CTF and FS).
As a Financial Crime Subject Matter Expert based in Luxembourg, the Investor Services Financial Crime Team Manager will provide support and assistance to the team Director in the management of the team, the oversight of adherence to HedgeServ Financial Crime Policies and Procedures and the promotion of best practice and operational efficiencies within the Investor Services department. They will also liaise directly with the Client and with their counterparts in other HedgeServ offices to ensure a consistency in policies with adherence to local standards.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The below list is not finite and may be added to. The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure and client requirements.
- Final review of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) documentation and information relating to investors and their beneficial owners.
- Reviewing and assisting Investor Services personnel in complex and non-standard cases.
- Completing ongoing transaction monitoring of PEPs and other High Risk investors.
- Managing the Ongoing Monitoring and Suspicion Reporting process, and, where appropriate, assisting in the preparation and submission of reports to the MLRO and Senior Management.
- Overseeing the Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media screening processes.
- Overseeing the CDD review and remediation of CDD for investors in transitioned Funds.
- Managing the process of file reviews and ongoing refreshing of CDD documentation and information by the Investor Services department.
- Managing the periodic testing of third party relationships.
- Assisting in the ongoing review and development of the Investor Services Financial Crime policies, procedures and processes to ensure that they are effective and efficient.
- Assisting in the delivery of relevant components of the AML-CTF and FS Training Program and other relevant training initiatives.
- Assisting in the promotion of a strong and robust Financial Crime compliance culture.
- Providing support to the team Director and other team members as required.
- Liaising with the Internal Audit and Compliance departments regarding AML-CTF and FS and department audits.
- Actively participate in projects and on-going initiatives to enhance and refine Financial Crime policies and procedures, systems and controls.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a compliance/ Financial Crime role within the financial services industry, preferably within fund administration or management.
- University degree and/ or professional/ post graduate qualification required.
- Strong background in AML-CTF legislation and FS compliance in Luxembourg.
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of investor types and complex legal structures.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Have strong investigative skills and demonstrate commitment to the delivery of results
- Strong client focus and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Have the ability to show initiative and manage priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
Please send your cv to our Recruitment Team via the apply button!