Part of the Data & Performance Management Department, Data Business Analyst missions entail both operational and transformational project activities. The key domains of intervention are:
- Data Governance: conducting and fostering the development and maintenance of policies, standards, practices, knowledge and tools;
- Operations: ensuring the timely production of reliable quantitative data reports; holding data ownership responsibilities and carrying out data stewardship activities on some data domains (indices and securities in particular), animating the corporate data governance as acting Data Governance Office;
- Vendor management: managing data procurement strategies, budgets and commercial and contractual relations with suppliers;
- Transformation: leading the Enterprise Data Management initiative, supporting business stakeholders on data considerations throughout their change processes, contributing to business & data analysis, providing advisory and support in key project phases, managing key data-related projects, keeping up with industry trends;
- Insight: supporting and facilitating access to insightful data, conducting data analysis and investigations, fostering effectiveness and efficiency of data-centric processes.
- Ensuring great service towards our internal and external clients with a result-driven mindset;
- Contributing to the “Data Delivery” activities of the overall Data & Performance Management department, driving and monitoring the production of reports, following up on new report or data requests in liaison with the relevant teams;
- Proposing and driving the implementation of operational improvements, coordinating internal teams, participating in change projects;
- Conducting functional analysis on data-related aspects, establishing functional specifications working out “as-is” and “to-be” views with a view on transition plan, interacting with business and IT teams to drive successful delivery;
- Establishing and/or executing test phases;
- Managing contractual relationships, driving negotiations;
- Contributing to the Data Governance, through data stewardship activities as well as by supporting Data Owners in exercising their responsibilities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master or equivalent, in financial markets or IT;
- Good understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and workflows;
- Experience with reporting process and tools and/or data management in the financial industry, exposure with data visualization is an asset;
- Ability to establish functional specifications and interact with IT, carrying out and/or specifying data processing activities (analysis, modeling, cleansing, mapping, etc.);
- At least intermediate proficiency with SQL, experience with other data-oriented languages/access mechanisms is an asset.
Soft skills and mindset:
- Initiative-taker with a solution-driven mindset and ability to challenge the status quo;
- Communication skills, writing skills (procedures, specifications), ability to adapt to audience;
- Collaboration & team spirit;
- Analytical skills;
- Familiarity with data technology aspects (or understanding with eagerness to learn), incl. relational databases, data lakes, business intelligence, etc.
- Ambition to contribute to the success of the Data story within a renowned organization;
- Fluency in English and a good command in French is required.
If you are interested in this challenge, feel free to send your application to Myriam RACHID quoting the reference LU800254.