The AVP, Risk Management will be responsible for risk management and compliance activities within the Silver Holdings office.He/she will coordinate risk and control self-assessments, review risk event reports, update governance documentation, fraud control, conduct vendor due diligence, provide training to all staffand serve as a liaison for internal/external audits. He/she will also monitor the completion of all risk and audit mitigation/remediation actions to ensure resolution, as necessary.
Silver Holdings Risk Management:
- Implementand maintainthe risk management framework, tools and processes for managing operational risks across all Silver Holdings departments.
- Conduct Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs). Review and challenge the output of RSCAs to ensure robust assessmentsare completed. Identify risks, formulate action plans, identify action owners, set deadlines and validate with risk owners. Monitor progress of risk mitigation and report results to the Executive Committee.
- Advise and oversee Risk Event reporting across all departments. Identify and communicate major risk issues to senior management. Conduct investigations. Identify patterns and make recommendations for improvements.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving internal controls and design better processes across the organization.
- Conduct vendor risk assessments and due diligence as necessary on third parties engaged by the organization.
- Manage the review of changes to existing processes across all departments and implementation of new products, systems and/or processes. Advise senior management on potential risks and recommend mitigation activities.
Silver Holdings Compliance:
- Ensure company policies and procedures comply with best practices and ethical standards.
- Ensure business operations and procedures comply with legal, regulatory, contractual and policy obligations.
- Drive the awareness of all staff on developing a culture of risk management, compliance and internal control.
- Monitor adherence to Silver Holdings policies and procedures. Track completion of annual compliance declarations.
- Participate in the annual compilation and update of the Silver Holdings fraud risk register. Monitor progress on all action items to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Facilitate internal audit reviews of Silver Holdings. Review audit plans, participate in kick-off and closure meetings and serve as the primary point of contact for Internal Audit. Drive closure of all internal audit action items.
- Ensure good working relationships with risk management contacts and other relevant departments at the parent company. Hold regular meetings with those contacts and ensure the local risk management framework, policies, tools and processes are aligned where required. Coordinate with other parent company functions as necessary.